Sunday, November 04, 2012

6.5 years later

So it's 6.5 years since I last did any Ruby on Rails. After getting the book Agile Web Development with Rails I didn't go too much farther.

Well, I decided to try again and my how things have changed. The book is pretty much out of date. It was stinking ridiculous getting set up with RoR again. I tried Apache, but could never get it to work. The book says to run "Ruby script/server" to start up WEBrick so that you can see your app at localhost. It took 2 hours for me to finally figure out that it is now "Rails server." There is no documentation anywhere that says in a simple way how to get up and running. I had to install several other gems just to get "Rails server" to work.

But finally, I got it working and am ready to dive in again. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger cliff said...

Well, that didn't last...

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger cliff said...

Nope. Sure didn't.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger cliff said...

Man, can‘t you follow through with anything?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home